- You may find creases or pressure marks on the fabric after unpacking your curtains from the parcel.
- Any marks and creases will usually fall out naturally after the curtains have been hanging for a few days.
- Most curtains can be lightly ironed on the reverse side only except velvets.
- Velvet curtains will show creases and pressure marks when they are first hung, but these will disappear as the fabric.
- Returns to its natural form.
A - 3 Cords
B - Hook
C - 3 Pockets
If you have selected curtains with Pencil pleats, at the top by the curtain heading on either side you will find 3 loose cords. You will need to draw up the cords to finish the curtains.
DO NOT PULL STRAIGHT AWAY, READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
- Securely knot together the 3 cords on the leading edge (where the two curtains meet).
- From the opposite side, pull the 3 cords together at the same time to gather the curtain into even pleats until the required width has been reached.
- Tie off the cords but do not cut off any excess, as the curtain will need to be un-gathered for cleaning. The loose cords can easily be tucked away neatly behind the heading tape.
- Decide which row of hook pockets to use. To conceal the track, use the bottom row of the pockets and to expose the track/pole use the top row.
- Insert a hook at each end of the heading tape, and then approximately 10cm apart across the width of each curtain.
- These curtains will arrive at the correct width, so all you need to do is simply insert your pin hooks into the heading.
- If the curtains are to be hung from a pole, insert the pin hooks just below the top of the curtain.
- If the curtains are to be hung from a track and it is to be hidden, then insert the hooks at a lower level.
- The pin hooks should be inserted into the vertical seam at the back of the curtain, at the required height.
Eyelet and tab top
- If you have selected Eyelet or Tab Top, simply slide the pole through the top of the curtain, gathering the fabric into even folds.
- Replace the finials on each end of the pole to secure the curtain.Finally, rest the pole back into the wall brackets and fix accordingly.
- Finally, rest the pole back into the wall brackets and fix accordingly.