Christmas offers the perfect opportunity to spend quality time with your little ones – baking, playing and crafting. When it comes to Christmas crafts that capture the magic of Christmas, the possibilities are truly endless.
Perfect for keeping your favourite little people occupied in the lead up to Christmas, we’ve created a guide outlining a range of quick and easy Christmas crafts that your children can make independently or with a little help from you!
From glitter glue wreaths through to printable candy canes, this festive season, dig out your craft box and let your little ones exercise their creativity when it comes to making lots of iconic Christmas symbols.
Glitter Glue Wreath
Add some sparkle to your Christmas tree with a Glitter Glue Wreath decoration. Quick, easy and super effective, this effective Christmas craft is an activity that the whole family can enjoy together.
You will need is:
- Christmas wreath template
- Glitter glue
- Hole punch
- Ribbon to hang the decoration
Your little ones will love experimenting with lots of different designs as they decorate their wreath with an assorted pack of glitter pens.
One of the main advantages of using glitter pens is that they are nowhere near as messy or difficult to use than lose glitter! Suitable for kids of all ages, this is a Christmas craft that you will be able to treasure for a lifetime.
- Print out your wreath template – there are lots available online or you can draw one on a piece of card freehand.
- Punch a hole into the template; this is where you will tie your ribbon.
- Now use your glitter pens to decorate. Once you have finished, leave your decoration to dry for at least 24 hours before hanging into onto your Christmas tree.
This iconic Christmas decoration is a great festive activity for all of the family to enjoy together!
Little ones love decorating their baubles with lots of glitter, sequins and felt tip pens, where as older kids love creating more intricate designs that look amazing on the Christmas tree.
All you will need to create your very one Christmas bauble is:
- Printer card
- Bauble template
Simply print out your bauble template and decorate!
Once your decoration has dried, attach a ribbon to the decoration and hang it on your tree.
Candy Cane Printable Craft
Super effective and super easy to create, paper candy canes look great when they are positioned neatly on your tree! Synonymous with the festive season, creating your own candy canes also make the perfect, sentimental Christmas decoration, especially if your little ones have spent time creating it on their own.
To create your paper candy cane you will need:
- Candy cane template
- Sticky tape
- Cord to hang it on
- Look up a candy cane template online. There are lots of ready made designs available on a wide range of craft sites that you can easily access.
- Lay the side of the printout with the red striped design away from you.
- Starting at the bottom corner, you will now need to roll the paper tightly around a pencil, and once the paper is rolled up, use a small piece of sticky tape to secure it in place.
- Next, you will need to use the pencil to curl the end of the candy cane and secure it in place.
- Once you have secured the perfect candy cane shape, gently remove the pencil; tie a ribbon around the cane and you’re done!